Reflection Assignment Sample

 

Introduction to Reflection 

The reflective essay focuses to assess how my overall life experience, principles and values align with contemporary practices and professional expectations within health and social care. I would use the reflective cycle of Gibb’s as the model to follow reflection. The overall model includes the major 6 stages like as description, feelings, evaluation, analysis, Conclusion and action plan (Gibb's reflective model, 2024). This permits for the reflection with the structure on the professional standards and personal insights. Via the reflection. I would assess the computability among who I am majorly as the individual and professional expectations. The report will shed light on the three major questions like as what? So what? Now what?.

Description

Personal values: Two values key personal which I hold effectively are respect for the dignity and empathy, these are foundational factors within the health and social care. The overall empathy permits me to share and understand the others feelings, offering help to develop individuals trusting relationships within my care. The offering respect to the dignity of person means acknowledging treating and value them with the regardless kindness of the ability, background and condition.

These different values were developed early within the life, focusing from the multicultural and diverse community. I have learned mainly to focus beyond appreciate and stereotypes every person as the major unique. Effectively I believed which each individual mainly deserve effectively to fairly treated and heard the voices. The different beliefs are effectively lined up with the care approach based on the person centered, this assures the care is developed to values, preferences and needs of individual.

Moreover, I confidentiality value, the major understanding which securing the private information of someone is significant within developing the trust. These different values cannot reflect only my ethics personally but professional standards mirror offered lesion in the courses. This is mainly relation to the ethical and safeguarding the overall decision making.

Feelings

Personal experiences: The major personal experiences which developed my passion for the care based on the health and care was focusing for the grandmother elderly, she lived along with the dementia. It was mainly challenging also meaningful as well which effectively exposed me to the mental demands, physical and emotional of caregiving. Effectively I learned the significance of the emotional resilience, active listening and patience.

Being a key carer within the home is related to the how to work with the mobility, manage the medications and mainly significance, manage her independence and dignity for the mainly possible. The overall experience taught effectively to the significance of the personal centered and compassionate support on overall vulnerable individual’s wellbeing. This offer help me in assess the impact psychological illness just not on affected person and family.

Evaluation

Moreover, as someone which has experienced the hospitalisation based on the long term because of the illness, I be majorly aware about the significance of trust, cultural sensitivity and clear communication among the patients and professionals. The experience based on the first hand gave me understanding within the how the quality care particularly feels from the enhancing my commitment, perspective of recipients to offer the respectful and empathetic care within the professional future role which I undertake.

My experiences and values lines up with the ethical codes, legislation and professional standards which focus on the modern practices of the health and social care. For example, (HCPC) Health and care professionals’ council focuses on the ethics, performance and standard conduct which values hold by me (Health and care professionals’ council, 2024). These involve the putting the centre of service users within the care decisions, promoting the diversity, equality and respecting the confidentiality.

The core values is empathy, this is reflected within focus on the care person centered found within the different frameworks like as the care Act 2014 and NHS constitution. The different document showcases the individual’s rights to join effectively within the care and also have developed services to the requirements, this is mainly something which practiced when particularly at the time of grandmother’s care.

The protection from harm and risk of principle, the theory of the studied support the overall semester, this has aligned with me. Within the experience of the caregiving, I should be effectively vigilant related to the different risks like as missed medications and falls. It lines up with the protocols safeguarding focused within the legislation like as Safeguarding vulnerable Groups Act 2006 (Kuran et al, 2020). The different laws make sure that the care professionals focuses on protect the duty of care those which are not able to secure themselves.

Analysis

My confidentiality belief is regular with the regulations of the data protection like as (GDPR) General data protection regulation. This directives the lawful and secure personal data processing the concept which I respect effectively from the own experiences within the health care. In this the medical information privacy was significant to overall my sense of safety and dignity.

Within the inclusion and diversity terms, Equality Act 2010 encourage the equal access and anti-discrimination to the major services regardless sexual orientation, disability, gender and race. Coming from the background with the diversity, I am mainly focused on offering the care’s cultural sensitivity and assuring that the major services are reasonable.

Moreover, collaboration inter professional is also the major factor of the practices with the modern factor which I effectively support. At the time of care of grandmother, the coordination among the nurses, social workers, general practitioners and family was significant. The overall experience focused on the value of shared goals, teamwork and communication within offering the consistent care.

Finally, the (PSA) professional standards Authority motivates the professional’s health and care to act with the ongoing professional development, manage the public trust and act with the key integrity (Worsley et al, 2020). The different standards resonate along with my need to adapting, developing and learning to the effective practices within the overall health and social care. My values of the confidentiality, respect and empathy, along with the experiences my lived, this is lines up with the different professional critical factors of the health and social care. These support the practical, legal and ethical support like as standard focused via the regulatory bodies, GDPR, equality law and safeguarding legislation. The efficient alignment develops my overall belief which I am suited effectively for the capable and profession.

Action plan

Reflecting on the overall my experiences and values, understanding how these lines up with the theories and professional standards, I will feel mainly confident within the career suitable within the overall health and social care. I realised the significance of the following codes of practices and established the legislation, respecting rights of individual and manage the ethical conduct. I will mainly aware of the professional and emotional demands of the major career. Particularly, I will mainly be committed to the ongoing development. Changing forward, I aim to develop my skills via the pursue training, seek feedback, supervision and practical placements.

Conclusion

Conclusively, the overall reflection has permitted me to assess the how life experiences and personal values are lined up with the professional standards, theories, principles in the health and care. Utilising the model of Gibb’s has offered help in identify the relevance of the confidentiality, respect and empathy. Utilising the model of Gibb’s has offered help me in understand the related the confidentiality, respect and empathy within the professional and personal contexts. Through the applying and understanding the frameworks like as codes of conducts, safeguarding legislations and person centered care. I am encouraged to develop on the meaningful pursue and foundation, rewarding career and responsible within sector of health and social care.

References

Books and journals

Kuran, C.H.A., Morsut, C., Kruke, B.I., Krüger, M., Segnestam, L., Orru, K., Nævestad, T.O., Airola, M., Keränen, J., Gabel, F. and Hansson, S., 2020. Vulnerability and vulnerable groups from an intersectionality perspective. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 50, p.101826.

Worsley, A., Shorrock, S. and McLaughlin, K., 2020. Protecting the public? An analysis of professional regulation—comparing outcomes in fitness to practice proceedings for social workers, nurses and doctors. The British journal of social work, 50(6), pp.1871-1889.

Online

Gibb's reflective model, 2024. Online. Available through <https://reflection.ed.ac.uk/reflectors-toolkit/reflecting-on-experience/gibbs-reflective-cycle>

Health and care professionals’ council, 2024. Online. Available through <http://hcpc-uk.org/>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction: Service Excellence Analysis of Premier Inn

Identity And Access Management (Iam) For Enhanced Security

Addressing Tourism Challenges in Bangladesh