Employee Experience Reflective Piece Assignment Sample

 

MAIN BODY

Internal communication, onboarding and people management

The topics, concepts and approaches chosen are internal communication and onboarding. I found them interesting as these are important for the role of HR and also cover a broad range of topics about HR. These are effective in improving the performance of the role of HR in the future in a successful manner (Wuersch et al, 2023, p. 614). This experience of learning the module was effective and has provided me with the information that is essential for future development in the future. Internal communication is a crucial practice that leads to the flow of information in a smooth manner between the employers and the employees (Chenji et al, 2021, p. 2150046). Through this, I found the working of the same and the way it plays a great role in managing the people in the organisation. With the work of Mishra, Boynton and Mishra (2014), I analysed that organisational communication is necessary for keeping the employees engaged. In case communication is not good, then it will affect working well. For example, two employees are working on a single task, and the communication between them is not clear, then it will affect the work. Thus, the task objectives will not be accomplished and eventually the working effcieicy of the business will be affected. Also, internal communication helps improve the interpersonal relationships among the employees.

I found that internal communication is essential for better internal control and to increase the engagement of the workers, which is needed for better performance. Through internal communication, I understood that the mission, objectives and targets are communicated to the company, people and stakeholders. Jiang and Men (2017) stated that the main aim of this is to keep the employees engaged and able to understand the organisation's values and objectives (Vokić et al, 2022, p. 19). I also learned about the various forms of communication used in this process that involves oral, written, digital, etc. I found that it has its importance in collaboration, strategic alignment, resolving concerns, etc. There are various types of communication which are top-down, bottom-up down and horizontal (Maksuti et al, 2021, p. 111095). The company here practices transparency, promotion of feedback, listening to the workers, etc. For example, while working at the time of training in a company, I assessed that having compliance with different methods of communication is very necessary. Also, I assessed that during teamwork work the most essential element is effective coordination, as in case collaboration among the employees is not good, then the team objectives will not be attained well.

Onboarding is the practice followed by the HR manager when a new employee joins the company. I understood that it is a necessary practice that introduces the newly hired to the firm's policies and practices. This includes the orientation of the new worker, which is effective in giving the details on the firm’s policies, working, roles, and expectations for the new staff (Men, 2021, p. 1). I found that this is crucial to make the worker feel welcomed and valued in the organisation. This also made me understand that it is effective in workforce engagement and retention for a long time. It familiarises the people with the culture and helps in its integration with the venture, its goals and team (Godinho et al, 2023, p. 79). I also identified that this leads to the integration of the staff with the venture and its internal environment.

Onboarding is significant in making the new joiner understand what skills they require to have and develop to perform the particular task. Its main aim is to make the newly joined worker feel comfortable and a sense of connectivity with the new place (da Silva et al, 2022, p. 108111). This topic interests me as I feel curious to know more in detail about this. This gave me knowledge on the duration of how long it takes place (Refer to Appendix 1). This goes from a day to several months, depending on the nature and demand of the job and the skill development required of the workers.

People management is the management of the personnel in the organisation, which encompasses all of its activities. It also fulfils its needs, which can lead to better performance outside and the development of the people in the firm (Jeske and Olson, 2022, p. 63). I found these are very important and identified myself as interested in playing the role of the same role in the future. In this, I would be working in the recruitment of people, providing them with the training and development, working in managing their performance, engaging them, resolving concerns, etc. This looks for the overall handling of the workers in the company (Verčič, 2021, p. 102009).

People need to be managed so that they can be moved in the direction of the firm’s common goal. Through this, the workers can be motivated to work to their best abilities and seek opportunities for growth in the future (Appel-Meulenbroek and Danivska, 2021, p. 312). It made me identify that when the workers feel the need to grow, they grow the company with them in the process. Through this module, I have found that these topics interest me, and it has made me gather details on the same. For instance, another company, SkinVision, is a company dealing in the healthcare industry and deals in effective management of skin-related diseases (Seeing a vision for truly strategic HR, 2025). The company continues to grow and is developing the HR system well. They treated onboarding as a major function, and for this, they started recording all the records in one place.

Influence on knowledge and understanding

My knowledge and understanding have been improved by participating in this module. This has helped me to obtain the information on the topics that I find interesting, which are internal communication, onboarding and people management. This has also helped me gain an idea of this and the way these are effective for my future professional role in HR. It helped me to develop the idea and understanding of the same. I found the way this works and the significance of the practice in the role in future. This also led to my knowledge development on the skills that are needed to perform the job in this profession of HR profession. Through the module, I understood what I need to do to become successful in this profession in this field.

I found that when I would be working in the role of HR in the future, I need to have a proper understanding of internal communication. I also need to understand that there is a need to know the way it works, and proper practice is crucial for better handling of the people in the team and the firm. Through internal communication, the people are more engaged with the company and the objectives (Petrilli et al, 2022, p. 5684). This ultimately leads to the better achievement of the goals, and I would be able to fulfil the demands of my role effectively and focus on greater productivity. For instance, Adobe is a company that replaced its annual performance review and rating system. The employees of the company were not liking the older system as the structure was not good. Thus, there were certain barriers relating to the system, and for this, they developed the check-in, and with this, the employees were motivated to work better. The employees and the manager were using a common web-based document, and as a result, the employees were happy. This was a case of internal communication as by assisting employees through the web-based document, the relationship between the management and employees increased, resulting in better internal communication.

I also gained the knowledge that will help me in my future profession, which is onboarding in the role of HR in the future. I would be engaged in the onboarding of the newly hired employees, which identifies them with the organisation, its culture and its working. Through the participation in this module, I found clarity on the topics of my interest and the role that would interest me in my professional career. This made me understand that I need to develop myself for better performance in my career. I also developed certain skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and soft skills such as communication, leadership, etc. These are effective for the role of HR and can handle the various issues (Hoffman and Tadelis, 2021, p. 243). 

People management has made me understand the overall role that HR plays in the organisation. I got to familiarise myself with the process in a more detailed manner and how it works in a real-world setting. The role needs to have resilience and adaptability, and also needs to bring the team of different people together and more engaged with the work (Lee and Kim, 2021, p. 101998). Further, with the help of the module, it assisted me in getting in-depth information and helped in the planning for my future profession and the need to grow in it. It gave me knowledge on recruitment, training, compensation, conflict resolution, organisational culture, etc. These are crucial roles to be played in the job of an HR (Armstrong and Taylor, 2023). This sets my base for the planning for my career and developing myself in a way that I can satisfy the demands of the role and tasks effectively given to me.

Through this, I will also be able to foster an environment of support and development of all and also grow in my role in the future as an HR professional. I will work on feedback, making my communication and leadership better and effective so that I can have influence on the team. I would be able to better delegate and manage the team by understanding these practices of internal communication, onboarding and people management better.

REFERENCES

Books and Journals

Appel-Meulenbroek, R. and Danivska, V., 2021. A handbook of theories on designing alignment between people and the office environment (p. 312). Taylor & Francis.

Armstrong, M. and Taylor, S., 2023. Armstrong's handbook of human resource management practice: A guide to the theory and practice of people management. Kogan Page Publishers.

Chenji, K. and Raghavendra, S., 2021. Onboarding Effect on Employee Creativity: The Moderating Role of Psychological Empowerment. Journal of Information & Knowledge Management, 20(04), p.2150046.

da Silva, L.B.P., Soltovski, R., Pontes, J., Treinta, F.T., Leitão, P., Mosconi, E., de Resende, L.M.M. and Yoshino, R.T., 2022. Human resources management 4.0: Literature review and trends. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 168, p.108111.

Godinho, T., Reis, I.P., Carvalho, R. and Martinho, F., 2023. Onboarding handbook: An indispensable tool for onboarding processes. Administrative sciences, 13(3), p.79.

Hoffman, M. and Tadelis, S., 2021. People management skills, employee attrition, and manager rewards: An empirical analysis. Journal of Political Economy, 129(1), pp.243-285.

Jeske, D. and Olson, D., 2022. Onboarding new hires: recognising mutual learning opportunities. Journal of Work-Applied Management, 14(1), pp.63-76.

Jiang, H. and Men, R.L., 2017. Creating an engaged workforce: The impact of authentic leadership, transparent organisational communication, and work-life enrichment. Communication research, 44(2), pp.225-243.

Lee, Y. and Kim, J., 2021. Cultivating employee creativity through strategic internal communication: The role of leadership, symmetry, and feedback-seeking behaviours. Public relations review, 47(1), p.101998.

Maksuti, S., Bicaku, A., Zsilak, M., Ivkic, I., Péceli, B., Singler, G., Kovács, K., Tauber, M. and Delsing, J., 2021. Automated and secure onboarding for systems of systems. IEEE Access, 9, pp.111095-111113.

Men, L.R., 2021. Evolving research and practices in internal communication. In Current trends and issues in internal communication: Theory and practice (pp. 1-18). Cham: Springer International Publishing.

Mishra, K., Boynton, L. and Mishra, A., 2014. Driving employee engagement: The expanded role of internal communications. International Journal of Business Communication, 51(2), pp.183-202.

Petrilli, S., Galuppo, L. and Ripamonti, S.C., 2022. Digital onboarding: facilitators and barriers to improve worker experience. Sustainability, 14(9), p.5684.

Verčič, A.T., 2021. The impact of employee engagement, organisational support and employer branding on internal communication satisfaction. Public Relations Review, 47(1), p.102009.

Vokić, N.P., Verčič, A.T. and Ćorić, D.S., 2022. Strategic internal communication for effective internal employer branding. Baltic Journal of Management, 18(1), pp.19-33.

https://brightclassroomideas.com/do-my-assignment-service/

Wuersch, L., Neher, A. and Peter, M.K., 2023. Digital internal communication: An interplay of socio‐technical elements. International journal of management reviews, 25(3), pp.614-639.

Online

99firms (2025). Onboarding Statistics. Online. Available through: https://99firms.com/blog/onboarding-statistics/#gref

Seeing a vision for truly strategic HR. 2025. Online. Available through: <https://www.personio.com/references/case-study-skinvision/?utm_source=cipd&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=om_cipd_checklist>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction: Service Excellence Analysis of Premier Inn

Identity And Access Management (Iam) For Enhanced Security