BM562 Consultancy in Practice Assignment
Introduction
In today’s competitive job market, it has
become crucial for an individual to focus on their skills, competencies and
knowledge in order to get job in interested field. The report is going to
evaluate the skills, knowledge and overall experience while working on consulting
projects. Further, the report will develop action plan to improve the skills
and knowledge.
Main
Body
Task
1 - Reflection
Self-reflection refers to the procedures
of evaluating own past experiences along with skills, abilities, strengths as
well as weaknesses. The section will present reflection on own experience while
working on consulting projects through using Gibb’s reflective model that
contains six stages such as; description, feelings, evaluation, analysis,
conclusion and action plan (McLeod, 2025).
Recently, I participated in the consulting
projects and I was a member of group. Without a doubt, working on projects were
completely different from theoretical knowledge. It allows a person to get
practical knowledge, do tasks at own level and increase knowledge. Align with
the Gibb’s model, in starting of the consulting projects, I was little nervous
because of thinking about the outcomes of the projects but after that I took
guidance from my mentor who encouraged me. I and my other team members assigned
the roles and responsibilities according to knowledge and expertise area to
reduce the confusion regarding roles and tasks. I have responsibility for
researching and identifying best solutions to the problem. I was capable to develop
and reinforce a range of abilities and skills while resolving the issues. I
have an excellent research skills and that’s why I got role of researcher. I
used the research skills to find, examine and utilising information from
reliable sources. Moreover, I utilised my communication skills to interact with
the other team members throughout the projects. I analysed that I always
confidently interacted with others and share my ideas and opinions. As I got
researcher’s role, I used my problem solving skills to analyse and find out the
relevant solutions. Problem-solving skills refers to the procedure of defining
the problem, identifying the root cause of problem, apply the solution and achieving
outcomes (Lu and Xie, 2024). During the project, whenever I
got relevant information I write down the information for future purpose. I
must say these skills have assisted me throughout the project in solving the
various complex tasks and activities and due to this we successfully completed
the projects.
The consulting project has highly helped me to
gain new skills and knowledge. As we are working on the consulting projects
related to business, it helped me a lot to know about the internal and external
business environment. Because of this project I gained knowledge about the
market and industry. Moreover, I developed the creativity and innovative
ability. I used internet and Google platform to search about the information
and instead of using ordinary solutions I often tried to find creative and
novel solutions to the problem. I also learned about how to lead team that
helped me to develop leadership skills. It is essential for a person who want
to accomplish success in the business career to have leadership skills that
include capabilities guide, motivate and encourage people towards achieving
common goals (Lebron, Swab and
Bruns, 2024). I
recognised the significance of time management while working on different
tasks. When I start any new task, I always divided the tasks into smaller and
more manageable sections so that I can complete task one by one. Time
management skills includes effective plan and utilisation of time in order to
complete tasks and accomplish goals successfully (Wilson, Joiner and Abbasi, 2021). It really helped me to save my
time and efforts and complete the important and urgent tasks first. The skills
and business and market knowledge will definitely help me in my future. When I
get higher position or leadership in future, I will apply the leadership skills
to manage. By using my leadership skills, I will encourage my team members to
solve the complex task. I will also use my knowledge about business and market
to carry out my work efficiently. Through using time management skills, I will
reduce the chances of delays in project and it will also helped me to make good
work-life balance.
I and my team members put full efforts and performed our assigned roles and tasks in a way that help to achieve success in consulting projects. I provided full support to my team members whenever they want. However, I faced conflict situations during the project. I believe that conflicts are common when people with different mind-sets, perspectives and background work with each other on common projects. Sometimes, team members did not agree with my solutions and opinions which created situation problematic for us. After that I tried to solve the conflicts instead of avoiding because it could impact the outcomes of the project. Whenever I face conflicts, I pay attention on open and honest communication to solve issues. Open communication is crucial to as it promotes trust, cooperation as well as understanding, facilitating to make strong relationship with other people (Albaharna et al, 2024). I openly communicate with the team members and actively listen their issues. I tried to understand their perspectives and explained the reason behind choosing the solutions. Once all sides are heard appropriately, I and my team members discovered ways and solutions to solve the conflicts. This approach not only resolved the disputes but also enhanced the final outcomes of the projects. From this experience, I figured out that clear and honest communication and active listening are necessary to solve the conflicts group members in an effective way. Conflicts happen in the team task but it is important for team members to know ways how to solve conflicts.
Read Our Last Blog: https://nativeassignmenthelp.blogspot.com/2026/08/research-paper-for-commercial-law.html
Task
2 - Action Plan
Through participating in the
projects, I have learned about my skill gaps which need improvement to achieve success
in my career. Through making SMART objectives and action plan I will enhance
skills to succeed in my business career.
SMART objectives:
- To improve the decision-making skills by
books and seminars in 3 months.
- To achieve managerial abilities by skill
development course within 5 months.
- To develop the technical skills through
joining online course in the next 8 months.
|
Skills |
Strategies/ Actions |
Resources |
Time limit |
Evaluation |
|
Decision-making
skills |
I will
read relevant books daily 2 hours for 3 months. I also will go to library and
read books and articles. I will use online platform and read online articles
and regarding decision-making abilities. I also plan to attend the seminars
organised by the business professionals and observe how they make decisions
related to the business. In seminars, I will notice how they react to
different business circumstances and contexts and make informed decisions (Sutiani, 2021). I will take part in team building
activities and deal with the different issues. I will try to make decisions
to solve the tasks which really help me to enhance my decision-making skills.
|
Books,
articles and seminars |
3 months |
I will
apply knowledge in real life situation and make career-related choices. I
will also make personal life decisions through using the knowledge. |
|
Managerial
skills |
I will
take admission in skill development course in order to become excellent in
managerial skills. I will closely work with my mentor and take guidance. I
will learn managerial skills through taking part and solve the different
projects and tasks related to the business. I will participate in the group
activities and take responsibilities to manage the entire group. I will take
help from my mentor and allocate tasks to the team members according to their
skills and competencies and empower team members (Morandini et al, 2023). I will practice active listening and pay
close attention on each team member in order to understand their perspectives
which is useful to become effective manager. |
Skill
development course |
5 months |
For
evaluating the managerial skills, I will ask for feedback from peers and team
members as they will provide honest opinion. |
|
Technical
skills |
I will
use the online platforms like YouTube and join online classes to develop
digital literacy. Online platform will allow me to gain knowledge from
experts and they will also provide me constructive feedback. Further, I will
utilise e-learning platforms to learn basic and advance computer skills.
E-learning platforms offer online learning opportunity to people (Emanuel et al, 2021). Through joining online classes,
I will also join the workshops where I learn about different tools and software
as well as technologies like data analytics, artificial intelligence and
other technologies relevant to get success in the business career. |
Online
tutorials and workshops |
8 months |
To
evaluate the technical skills, I will use the theoretical skills in practical
way and solve the tasks and activities through using technical tools and software.
|
Conclusion
As
per above report, it is concluded that reflecting on own past experiences are
helpful in understanding the strengths as well as weaknesses. The entire
journey was an excellent experience for me that will contribute in my business career
in future. I have increased my confidence level and gained skills and knowledge
like leadership skills, time management skills etc. while working on consulting
projects.
References
Books
and Journals
Albaharna, A.M., Aloqaili, A.A.,
Alshahrani, S.S., Aldilbah, F.A., Aljohani, O.A. and Aljohani, K.A., 2024.
Building effective communication skills for high-stress hospital
settings. J Healthc Sci, 4(12), pp.1031-7.
Emanuel, F., Ricchiardi, P., Sanseverino,
D. and Ghislieri, C., 2021. Make soft skills stronger? An online enhancement
platform for higher education. International Journal of Educational
Research Open, 2, p.100096.
Lebron, M., Swab, R.G. and Bruns, R., 2024.
Students as game designers and developers: developing cooperative strategy
board games to teach team leadership skills. Organization Management
Journal, 21(1), pp.41-48.
Lu, D. and Xie, Y.N., 2024. The application
of educational technology to develop problem-solving skills: A systematic
review. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 51, p.101454.
Morandini, S., Fraboni, F., De Angelis, M.,
Puzzo, G., Giusino, D. and Pietrantoni, L., 2023. The impact of artificial
intelligence on workers’ skills: Upskilling and reskilling in
organisations. Informing Science, 26, pp.39-68.
https://spacesortium.com/read-blog?id=1828
Sutiani, A., 2021. Implementation of an
inquiry learning model with science literacy to improve student critical
thinking skills. International Journal of Instruction, 14(2),
pp.117-138.
Wilson, R., Joiner, K. and Abbasi, A.,
2021. Improving students’ performance with time management skills. Journal
of university teaching and learning practice, 18(4).
McLeod, S., 2025. Gibbs Reflective Cycle. Online.
Available through <
https://www.simplypsychology.org/gibbs-reflective-cycle.html >
Comments
Post a Comment